Thursday, November 3, 2011

Such a Lush..

..FANATIC!



For those of you who have not had the pleasure of experiencing the amazing-ness that is Lush, they are a brand that makes a whole bunch of handmade cosmetics. This includes everything from bath stuff, to shower gels, hair treatments, face masks, lotions, soaps, and more. Did I mention it all smells amazing? If you have never been to a Lush store, or if there isn't one around you go check out their website
http://www.lushusa.com/shop You can order all of their products online as well.

Inside of a Lush store


I have been obsessed with Lush since I first went there my freshman year of college. The thing that first caught my eye were their bubble bars. They smelled amazing and would fill your bath with creamy bubbles. The first bubble bar I ever tried, which is still to this day my all time favorite bar was the comforter bar.

This fruity bubble bar gives the feeling of being hugged by
a jolly blackcurrant. 
The warm aroma of cassis absolute is
so relaxing that you'll go to bed feeling happier and the world
 will seem brighter the next day.

The reason why this bar became my favorite was because, although it is $10 it is so big that you can get many uses out of it. All you need to do is cut it in pieces and put it under the running water to dissolve.

Another one of their most popular items are their Bath Bombs. These are normally are one time use products because many of them have special things inside of them like flowers, but others you could break in half to get two uses out of them. One of their most popular is the Fizzbanger.

We use cinnamon for its spicy, woody notes, creating
an uplifting scent to fight fatigue and feelings of depression.
 Cinnamon is incredibly warming too, making it perfect for
fighting winter chills.
Here is a picture I found of The Fizzbanger doing its thing in the tub

Jack Constantine created Fizzbanger to transform baths into something
new and exciting. Drop one in your bath to experience a symphony
 of crackling candy, like a science experiment gone awry! The color
 will change again and again, from yellow to blue to deep green.
Like all of our new Bath Bombs, it takes forever to fizz away-so
you can enjoy the spectacle for longer.
So while at the mall today to go see the movie Paranormal Activity 3, which in my opinion was better then the other two, I had to stop into Lush and check out all of the new holiday bubble bars and bath bombs they had available. 
After contemplating it for a while I decided to go with the Candy Mountain bubble bar, one I have never tried before. Candy Mountain had a very sweet smell, similar to bubble gum. 

Lush's description of the bath bar: You must have a Candy Mountain in your stocking this year. It is the Creamy Candy Bubble Bar all dressed up for the holiday party in pink and white stripes, and swirled into a majestic peak (the LUSH elves in our factory have quite the time getting these ones just right). Crumble a Candy Mountain under running water and witness the eruption of mass amounts of bubbles, along with an intoxicatingly delicious candy fragrance, thanks to vanilla absolute. The sweetest bath since last Christmas. 
Our irresistible, vanilla scent comes back every holiday season, this year in twisty mountain form

I used less then half of the bar, and it created just enough
bubbles. I can probably get another three uses out of it. 
The bar gave the bath a nice sweet smell, and at first turned the water a light pink color. As the bath continued to fill however, it started to loose its color and turn white. 

I also used one of their hair treatments, H'SUAN WEN HUA. My roommate had bought it a while ago and gave me the rest to try out. It says it is a mega moisturizer for dry hair. Now that the weather is changing, my hair is starting to become quite dry, so I decided to try this product out to see if it would help rehydrate it. 

avocado, vitamin-rich watercress, olive oil and stimulating
rosemary are crammed into this ultra effective treatment
to soften and nourish your hair
I put the treatment in my hair, and left it in for about 20 minutes before rinsing it out. As soon as I began to rinse my hair I could feel a difference. My hair feels a lot softer even after brushing it. I will see how it feels after my hair has dried, but I have a feeling that this is a product I will be returning to Lush for. 

So what are you waiting for!? Go check out the website and browse through their huge selection of products, because everyone deserves a little bit of relaxation every once in a while :)



[To check out more descriptions of the various products like the ones I shared with you in this post, check out the Lush website, they are happy to help!]

No comments:

Post a Comment