Friday, August 9, 2013

Block Island Series; Aldo's

 
Our second night on the island we were trying to decide between Dead Eye Dicks and Aldo's Italian Restaurant. After a rude encounter at Dead Eye Dicks we decided to leave and head over to our second choice. And I am so glad that we did!
 
 
We started off with drinks, I got the Sangria and we were served some deliciously seasoned bread.
 
 
The Sangria, although good, simply tasted like a dry red wine. Not what I look for when I order a glass of Sangria. The others at the table however seemed to love it.
 
For an appetizer we ordered the prosciutto wrapped brie with a cranberry chutney. This was absolutely delicious. The toasted garlic bread was a nice accompaniment to the mixture of sweet chutney and creamy brie. This dish was the perfect start to our dinner.
 
 
Next I ordered a nice glass of Riesling to accompany my entrée.
 
 
For my entrée I ordered Aldo's Shrimp with whole wheat pasta. It was packed with flavor and ingredients such as kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, crispy pancetta, and perfectly cooked shrimp. the star of the dish however was definitely the white wine sauce. If it wasn't un-ladylike I could have picked up my plate and drank it.
 
 
Someone else at the table ordered a pasta dish filled with clams, shrimp, scallops, and big pieces of lobster which also featured the yummy white wine sauce. It was a general consensus that the sauce was one of the best we have ever tasted.


 
 
Although I wasn't too excited to be going to an Italian Restaurant on Block Island when there were so many seafood restaurants to choose from, I was definitely proven wrong. Aldo's turned out to be my favorite restaurant that we visited and I thank Dead Eye Dick's for the rude service that made us turn away.  
 



1 comment: