Thursday, December 4, 2014

Gracies Providence

Recently we were given the opportunity to dine at one of the best restaurants in Providence, Gracie's. They are the only five diamond restaurant in Providence, and their fine dining atmosphere and menu are what brought them there. They have an amazing selection of wines and craft cocktails. Their bartenders are very knowledgeable and make some great suggestions - I had an delicious pear and cider cocktail that I would definitely order again. 

After having a drink at the bar we sat down and our five course tasting menu began. It all started with a little amuse bouche of coffee marinated carrot to get your pallet going. 

Here is a look at the Chef's tasting menu


I was beyond impressed by the presentation and quality of the food. The little touches like the pistachio honey on the salad took the dishes to a whole different level. There is a reason that they are the best in the city. 





For me, I think that the most memorable part of the meal was the root ice milk. It simply melted in your mouth. I would go back just for that. We met the mastermind behind all of their desserts, their Head Pastry Chef, which was truly a highlight of the night. 

I also can not stop thinking about the wine that was paired with the perfectly cooked duck confit. I have never had a sparkling red wine before, but now I am hooked. The wine was deep in color, but light and bubbly - completely unexpected! 

I can not wait to go back and bring my favorite guy for a special occasion.I know he will fall in love with it just as much as I have. 





No comments:

Post a Comment