Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you all had an amazing New Years full of  yummy food, family, and friends. I spent mine with my favorite guy in the world.Oh, and James was there too! Just kidding. 

Now that 2014 has come to pass it is time to look forward at the coming months, and what I want to accomplish. 

1. Set a consistent blogging schedule. In the past couple of months I have been working hard to juggle my blogging life, personal life, and working life, while so many exciting opportunities have been happening. My goal was to post four times a week, but I was beginning to reach for things to write about. I want to be consistent in the new year, and write amazing quality posts for you all to enjoy - and not just post to get something up. For the year 2015 I will be posting three times a week: Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays (don't worry all you cat fans you will still be getting your Saturday Caturdays with little George!)  

2. No More Diets.This is a huge one for me. If I have learned anything the past year is that diets do not work. I get really motivated, eat a bunch of salads for two days and then get bored. Eating healthy is not supposed to be a chore, but a lifestyle. In order to live a healthy lifestyle you need to change the way you look at food. 

3. Start a hobby. And no, Netflix binge watching does not count. I am going to take a lesson from my boyfriend on this one and find an activity that I am passionate about and stick to it. In the summer he has fishing, in the winter he has bowling, and plays basketball in between. No matter what it is he put's his all into it, and I want to find something that I enjoy just as much in 2015. 

4. Cook more at home. This ties in to both the hobby and healthy eating goals I have set for myself. Cooking at home gives you a sense of pride that you created something from scratch with wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about eating. I also want to experiment more in the kitchen, and along the way create some amazing new recipes to share with you guys. 

5. Appreciate the little things. My boyfriend and I have very different schedules so it is hard to find time to spend with each other. I want to make what time we do have together special. And no, that doesn't mean having to go out to dinner or some big extravagant outing - the little things like sitting at home watching our favorite shows can turn into some of the best times if you just live in the moment.

Here's to another amazing year!
Bring it on 2015, i'm ready for ya. 


No comments:

Post a Comment