Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hello My Name Is Casey,

...and I am addicted to Chipotle. 

I think it is about time I talk to you all about my one true love. It is more then just a quick service Mexican Restaurant, it is a way of life. Chipotle Mexican Grill is a company that not only serves amazing food, but takes a stand in a time when serving fresh, local ingredients isn't the first thing on a companies priority list when choosing ingredients. 

Chipotle recently came out with a video called "Back to the Start" featuring Willie Nelson's version of The Scientist. The video gives you an idea of their stance on genetically modified ingredients and their "eat fresh" initiative. 


This video gives a closer look into their "Food with Integrity" philosophy




Okay enough about the company, lets get to the reason why you are all here.. the food. When you enter a Chipotle you see the assembly line full of fillings for your burrito, taco, or salad. My personal favorite is the burrito bowl. You start off with the rice. You may choose either white rice or brown rice, and then you choose either black or pinto beans. Then comes the meat. You have a choice between chicken, ground beef, steak, carnitas, and barbacoa. I always choose either the chicken or the barbacoa. All of the meats are marinated to perfection, and have amazing flavor. Then you choose between mild, medium, hot, or corn salsa. Lastly, you have the choice of adding cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and guacamole. Now I could probably sit here and talk about my love for Chipotle's guacamole for hours, but I will just let you find out for yourself. 

Every ingredient that goes into that burrito bowl tastes incredibly fresh, and you can tell how much effort they put into each and every recipe. Just talking about it makes me want to go there right now, but unfortunately for me it is 1 in the morning. So there you have it, my addiction is out in the open. My name is Casey and I am a Chipotle addict. And I have no plans of giving it up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment