Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Block Island Series; Mexican on the Deck

 
After a long day of exploring the Island, the family decided to grab some lunch at the Yellow Kittens Mexican on the Deck.
 
 
 
I had been wanting to come here ever since I looked at the menu and saw lobster quesadillas. YUM.
My family started off with some chips and salsa and homemade queso dip. We also got an order of jalapeno poppers. So good!
I could literally eat Mexican food everyday of my life and be totally okay with it.
For my entrée I ordered the lobster quesadillas of course.
 
 
The quesadillas were served with a side of guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. They were filled with nice pieces of lobster and boursin cheese. The tortillas could have been a little crispier, but other than that the quesadillas were a great choice.
The fam also ordered a round of their margaritas. If you are a fan of tequila then you will love their strong margaritas!
Mexican on the Deck was a great choice for lunch and I would definitely go back.
 
 
We also took a little trip to Manisses Animal Farm, where they have animals such as camels and goats that you can pet. You can also walk right into the Alpaca pen and pet them or feed them.The woman there sells yarn, blankets, rugs, hats, and anything else you can think of in a little shop on the farm all made out of the alpaca fur. I got a pair of alpaca socks which I am super excited to wear this winter!
 You can also buy feed for $1 and stuffed animals for $10 based on the honor system, which reflects on the kind of place block island is.
 
 
I also made a new friend
 
 
We are pretty much besties now. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment