Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dante's Kitchen

 
Dante's Kitchen is a Southern Breakfast joint that just opened on Main Street in East Greenwich RI. The minute I heard the words "southern breakfast" I started counting down the days until it opened.
Finally this Sunday I made my way over to Dante's with one thing in mind- fried chicken and waffles. I had already taken a peek at the menu earlier in the week, and although I was dying to try the pulled pork hash or the fried green tomato BLT, I had to go with my gut.. and my gut was telling me to go for the chicken and waffles. And boy was I not disappointed.
 
 
The chicken was seasoned perfectly, and was not overly breaded. The waffle was fluffy and the perfect compliment to the chicken.
 
 
The chicken and waffles were served with a side of maple syrup and a cinnamon pecan sauce. I was not a fan of the pecan sauce but since it was on the side it didn't make much of a difference.
 
My cousin wound up ordering the pulled pork hash with the poached eggs, so I would up being able to try both of the breakfast dishes I had been craving!
 
 
The pulled pork and potatoes were flavored beautifully, and I will definitely be ordering this dish on my next breakfast trip to Dante's.
 
A little word of advice though, when they warn you that their house made hot sauce is hot, they mean it. Also, it is awesome.
 
I washed it down with a yummy iced coffee served in a mason jar. I believe everything tastes better in a mason jar.
 
 
Next time I go to Dante's (because there will definitely be a next time) I am going to go for lunch and sample their Fried Green Tomato BLT with pecan smoked bacon. Enough Said.
 
Later that day we headed over to the Washington County Fair for some good ol' American Fun. And more food. Fried Food. Yum. We ordered a sampler platter which consisted of fried onion petals, fried pickles, fried peppers, and fried zucchini. And then of course we had to get in line and have a turkey leg. There's just no question. To me fairs equal turkey legs
 
 
I'd say it was a pretty delicious day.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment