Monday, August 19, 2013

Farewell Block Island

 
After a long week of biking, swimming, paddle boarding, eating, and exploring on Block Island it was finally time to say farewell. There was one more thing I had to do before I could leave however, and that was to get the lobster roll I had been dreaming about all week long.
 
 
After seeing pictures of lobster rolls from the Old Harborview Take Out place I knew I had to have one before I left. at $22 dollars a pop they are pretty pricy, but every bite was worth it.
 
 
Giant buttery pieces of lobster in a nicely toasted hot dog bun. Doesn't get much better then that my friends. It was the perfect way to end an amazing vacation full of fun, family, and amazing food.
 
Block Island will go down as one of my favorite spots to visit, and I will definitely be returning again soon. Here are a couple of my favorite moments from the trip.
 
 
 
 
Me and my girl Reese taking in the sights
 
First time paddle boarding. I think I just found my new favorite activity
 
 
The Bluffs, one of the coolest places on the Island with crystal clear waters
 
 
We had a lobster and crab bake one night while on the Island. Got the lobsters and crabs fresh right off the boat. We also made our own yummy quahogs from clams that the family caught that morning
 
 
 
Goodbye Block Island, until next time
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment