Wednesday, September 11, 2013

O Sushi

 
If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life ( and there was no such thing as Chipotle of course) it would be sushi. I am always on the lookout for awesome new sushi joints, so when my cousin suggested we try out a new sushi restaurant in North Kingston I was very excited.
 
Let me just start out by saying this sushi is amazing, and some of the best I have ever had. I always say that Kon's in East Greenwich has the best sushi, but I think O Sushi may have it beat. We started off with some mushroom soup which consisted of mushrooms in a clear broth. Can't go wrong there. We also ordered some edamame (one of my favorites). Then the sushi arrived. We ordered four different "fancy" rolls to share because we just couldn't decide.
 
 
The first two rolls we ordered were the Surf & Turf and the Spicy Crispy Tuna roll. The Surf & Turf roll consisted of shrimp tempura, red onion, and was topped with seared beef and avocado. The Spicy Crispy Tuna (which was my favorite roll that we got) included spicy tuna, avocado, and cream cheese. Then the whole roll was deep fried in a tempura batter and finished with the chef's special sauce.
 
 
The second two rolls we ordered were the Sweet Heart Roll and the Hot Babe. The Hot Babe had spicy salmon, tuna, yellowtail, and jalapenos, and was topped with shrimp, avocado, and wasabi tobiko. Now if you know me you know that I hate salmon. This roll however did not have an overpowering fishy flavor that to me salmon gives off. The Sweet Heart Roll came shaped in a heart and consisted of spicy crab, avocado, tempura flakes, topped with tuna and chefs special sauce. This was the first time I have tried sushi with the raw fish on top, and let me tell you that tuna was melt in your mouth delicious.
 
This sushi place located in a mini mall does not look like much on the outside, but on the inside they are serving up a variety of fresh and inventive rolls that you just have to try.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment