Sunday, July 13, 2014

"Bobby Flays" Miami Burger

Today I have the first recipe in my "Cook Through the Book Challenge!"

The Miami Burger


Ingredients: 
          1. ground beef
                                 2. bun - I used an onion roll
             3. smoked ham
              4. swiss cheese
          5. dill pickles 
     6. mustard
7. mayo
             8. roasted garlic
            9. salt & pepper

Method of Prep:
1. Form your ground beef into a patty, and make a small indentation in the center of the patty. Cook in a skillet to your preference. I like my burgers to be cooked to medium temperature. 

2. Mix the mayo in a bowl with the roasted garlic, salt and pepper. *to roast garlic simply wrap the whole head in tinfoil and bake until soft. 

3. Coat both sides of the bread with the mayo mixture and the mustard. 

4. Start assembling your burger- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom bun. Add the burger, ham, pickles, and second piece of cheese. Place the bun on top. 



5. Place your burger on a pannini press. If you do not have a panini press handy like me, you can put the burger back in the skillet and place a cast iron pan on top, grill one side, and then flip it over and do the other. 

I tried the tinfoil method that Bobby suggested - wrapping the burger in tinfoil and then placing it in the pan with the skillet or pot on top to press the sandwich - and I found that it made the burger soggy. The tinfoil created steam and resulted in a messy (not crunchy) burger. 

None the less it was absolutely delicious! It had all the great flavors of a Cuban sandwich in a burger. And it was approved by my new buddy George! (He thought we were sharing)


My first burger in my "Cook Through the Book" Challenge was delicious! 
I can not wait to try the next one this weekend

xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment