Friday, July 4, 2014

Meet George

Not even an hour after I posted yesterday about our search for a new member of our family James texted me and let me know that he went to the animal shelter and met the cutest little guy in the world -  13 week old George. I saw him online and was instantly interested, but when James went to see him in person at the animal shelter he just couldn't leave without him.

I got the text "pick up a litter box, food, and a scratching post- I am bringing him home". I was instantly nervous and excited at the same time. I have never had a cat before, I am a dog person. How do you even train a cat? Well I learned you don't. They have these crazy instincts and just know to go in the litter box when it's time to do their business. Or maybe that's just George. He is very wise.


He is half Russian blue and half domestic long hair. He has big beautiful eyes and has the softest fur. When he first got home he was very shy, he didn't want to come out of the carrier and when he did he hid under the couch. Eventually he started to warm up a little.

Fast forward to today and he is already getting pretty comfortable with his new home. He is an explorer and very active. He loves playing with his little mouse toys and looking out the window watching the cars go by. He hates loud noises though.. We have that in common. 


As he warms up to his new house he is also warming up to his new family. He loves to cuddle, and his favorite spot is curled up on my neck. 


I can feel the love from him already. It amazes me that someone could have just dropped him off at the shelter because she just didn't feel like having him anymore. This little guy is so lovable and extremely smart, and I could never see myself letting him go. 

People say shelter animals are the best because they really truly love and appreciate you. I wholeheartedly agree with that. I can tell how happy little George is to be in his new home with a family that truly loves him. 

This was a very happy 4th of July!


xo. Casey 

No comments:

Post a Comment