Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Waterman Grille

As you know by now when it comes to my boyfriend and I brunch is our thang. 
We decided to try somewhere new to get some breakfast before a day of kayaking and fishing and decided on Waterman Grille in Richmond Square by a coworkers recommendation. 



The restaurant is tucked away and looks tiny until you enter its doors. It has nice outdoor and indoor seating, multiple bars, and plenty of entertaining space for large parties. The place was pretty busy so we got a table inside right by the window.


The restaurant has views of the river, and although it is not the prettiest body of water it is still a nice change of scenery from the other downtown breakfast spots. 

We started off with some french pressed coffee, a nice touch and enough for about two cups each. Service was a little slow (the servers seemed to be in the weeds) but we were in no hurry and the coffee held us over as we looked over their amazing menu. Everything looked great and I was having a hard time choosing what to get. 


Normally I go with my old standby - the eggs benedict, and they did have a couple delicious options to choose from. The one that kept catching my eye were the potato pancake eggs benedict. I almost skipped on lunch all together and went with the lobster grilled cheese which was practically calling my name but breakfast won me over. 


I finally decided on the breakfast burrito with house made sausage, poblano peppers, sour cream, and salsa in a grilled tortilla. I asked to substitute bacon for sausage but was informed by my server that they are pre made and there can be no substitutions. I wasn't quite sure how they pre-made the burritos but I went with it anyway.  It was good, but I wish I had went with my gut and gotten the benedict. My boyfriend got some extra sausage out of the deal though so he was pleased. He went with his standby - an omelet with Gouda cheese, sausage, and mushrooms. I loved how all of their breakfast plates came with both potatoes and fruit. It was a nice touch. 


The atmosphere at the Waterman Grille is wonderful, and they have an amazing menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We will definitely be back for lunch or dinner one day soon, and will make a point to make a reservation to guarantee an outdoor seat. 

Waterman Grille is a hidden gem in Providence hidden away from the busy city. 

xo. Casey





No comments:

Post a Comment