Friday, August 22, 2014

Lays Flavor Finalist Tasting

Today's Friday Five is technically a "Friday Four". Lay's is at it again searching for their next million dollar flavor, and this year there are four finalists. I tried them all - you know, for science. 


 Here they are ladies and gentleman, from the worst to the best.

4. Cappuccino. This is not a chip, this is a desert. It kind of tastes like a crispy dough boy with cinnamon sugar and coffee powder dusted on top. I ate one and I was pretty set on this flavor. 

3. Wavy Mango Salsa. I had heard horrible things about this flavor so I went into it already thinking I was not going to like it - and I didn't. BUT, it was not nearly as bad as I was hearing. You get the mango flavor straight off the bat, which is not very appealing in a chip, but then the saltiness of the salsa kicks in and it is almost enjoyable. This one was a hit with many people in the office, but still belongs on the bottom of the list.

2. Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese. When I heard there was a bacon mac and cheese version I was pumped and immediately figured it was going to be my favorite. This flavor is great, it definitely has a distinct (artificial) bacon and cheese flavor. The thing that stopped this flavor from making the number one spot was the lack of originality. Despite the hint of bacon these chips taste exactly like my favorite lays flavor the cheddar sour cream chips. 

1. Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger. These chips are awesome, and are the clear winner in the group. These chips taste like a sushi restaurant in the best way possible. The mix of soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger blend so perfectly together. Nothing is better than a kettle cooked chip. 

Compared to last years awesome flavors these are kind of underwhelming. 
Have you tried any of the new flavors? Which one do you think deserves the 1 million dollar prize? 

xo. Casey

picture courtesy of the business insider. 



No comments:

Post a Comment