Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Customizable Fall Wreath

I've said it before, but the most exciting thing for me about having my own place is the idea of decorating for the holidays. Now that it officially feels like fall outside I thought this would be the perfect time to get started! I knew I wanted to get a wreath for our balcony door to bring some festiveness into our living room. This was way more difficult then I could have imagined. Each craft store had super expensive (and pretty messy looking) wreaths - not what I was going for. I wanted something simple and clean. 

At first I toyed with the idea of buying a foam circle and attaching leaves, flowers, and other fun things to it to make one completely my own. This idea turned out to be way too expensive - to get what I wanted I would have to spend one hundred dollars on leaves and flowers. Thanks but no thanks. Just as I was about to give up I saw it - a wreath made out of lightly colored sticks woven together neatly. And it was the last one! I knew I had to grab it. I went back to the leaves section, picked up a couple of things, and realized that this wreath could be easily customized to fit all of the holidays coming up. 

But enough of my rambling - here's what I got. 




George was super helpful during the whole process obviously - he is just so crafty. 

It was super easy to weave in the leaves and little pumpkin that I bought through this particular wreath. I just needed to bend the ends a little, fluff up the leaves and that's it. 
It was so simple that I can not even call this a tutorial. 


I absolutely love how it came out. It is simple, and flows nicely with the rest of the room. I am excited to share with you how I customize it to fit the holidays within the next couple of months! George is excited for the chance to play with the leaves again

xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment