Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday Caturday


Fall has officially rolled in here in Rhode Island! This chilly 63 degree morning has us bundled up under the covers watching the Food Network. Have you seen the show Farmhouse Rules? I love it! She makes delicious home cooked food, and it is one of those shows that makes you feel good. Little George is sitting in the windowsill enjoying the breeze. He seems to love the chilly air which means no cuddles for his mom. 
what else is new. 

I have been holding out for a couple of weeks, but I finally have my apple cider candle from Bath and Body Works burning. It smells so good! If you know me you know I have an obsession with Bath and Body Works candles, and whenever they have their 2 for 20 sale going on I just can not resist. I have a box of candles to burn including my absolute favorite, the leaves candle. Spoiler Alert that one's next. 

Since it is starting to feel like fall I think that now is the perfect time to start decorating for the season, so I will be hitting up places like Hobby Lobby and Michael's to get a couple things to make this place feel a little more festive. The one thing I was most excited about when moving in to my new home was decorating for the holidays. 

Lastly, I am going to take advantage of this chilly day and make a big pot of my chicken soup. It is one of my absolute favorite dishes, so I will be making enough to last a little while. I posted my chicken soup recipe last winter, and if you have been following Creatively Casey for that long then you know what my secret ingredient is - one small can of cream of mushroom soup. It truly does add a ton of flavor and a richness to your soup. 

Are you as excited about fall as I am? I love bundling up in my favorite sweater and scarf - It actually makes me more excited to go out and sieze the day!

xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment