Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Five, Best Pumpkin Beers

October means it is that time of year again - pumpkin time. Although lets be honest here, I have been drinking "PSL's" for over a month now. But for everyone else this is the time when they give in and start drinking their favorite Pumpkin Beverages. So today I bring you my ranking of the greatest Pumpkin Beers this season has to offer. 

Let us begin: 

1. Curious Traveler Jack O Shandy. At first I was confused - a pumpkin shandy? And then I tasted it ad decided it was the greatest Pumpkin beer I have ever had, which is why it has earned the number one slot. Light, refreshing, and a nice spicy pumpkin taste that is not too overwhelming. That is what I look for in a pumpkin beer. 


2. Shipyard Pumpkin. This is the classic, and this is why it is my go to second choice when it comes to pumpkin flavored beers. 


3. Harpoon Pumpkin Ale. This beer has a nice spiciness to it, perfect for a chilly fall night. 


4. Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin. This one has that distinctive Blue Moon wheaty flavor (yes I just made up my own descriptive word there) with a slight pumpkin taste. It is however one of the first pumpkin beers I ever tried which gives this guy an honorary spot. 


5. Harpoon Pumpkin Cider. Although this is not technically a beer it is still two of my favorite things mashed together - and it's awesome. 


Whichever Pumpkin Beer is your favorite, I hope you are enjoying yours with a nice cinnamon sugar rim. 

xo. Casey





No comments:

Post a Comment