Friday, June 12, 2015

Namaste Bitches


Happy Friday my blogging friends! Another work week has come to pass and the weekend is finally upon us. When you are living for the weekend, how do you make the work week something you enjoy just as much? When life get's stressful there are a couple of things I have started doing that puts me in good spirits for more than just three days out of the week. 

1. Yoga. This is my fourth week doing yoga and I have to say it really has changed the vibe of my entire week. I go to yoga class every Thursday in Newport and there is something so serene about the entire thing. The drive over- cooling down from the days events. The actual class- that puts everything into perspective for you. The drive home- when the sun is just setting as you drive over the bridge from Newport with the windows down and your music up. All of the worries of the week simply fade in that moment. 

2. Meditation. This falls in line with yoga, as Meta Meditation is something that is a part of the yoga class that I attend. In addition to that, meditating first thing in the morning right when my alarm goes off has been an amazing up-lifter. It gets me in the right frame of mind to tackle the day. An awesome tool is the Headspace App. Just 10 minutes in the morning is all it takes. 

3. Work Out. Another thing that has been getting my body feeling good is working out just 7 minutes a day using the seven minute workout app. Sweating out all of the bad energy that you may have felt during the day winds you down for the night and sets you up for a good nights rest. This app goes through the workouts in intervals, tells you when to change positions, and gives you step by step instructions. You can do the seven minute challenge for two more rounds for a full on session that leaves you feeling accomplished. 

4. Cooking. Okay this one should be an obvious one unless your name is Casey and have a chronic obsession with tacos. I am awful when it comes to cooking at home. After a long day there is nothing I would rather do than just pick up something on the way home. I do not want to go through the motions of preparing a meal just for myself. This is why I have started weekend prepping. For example: I will buy ground turkey and then make five individual turkey burgers, zip lock em, and put them in the freezer for the week. That way all I need to do is plug in the George Foreman and grill it up. My body and my wallet thank me for this change. 



No comments:

Post a Comment