Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer Bucketlist 2015


I am back with one of my favorite features on the blog - my seasonal bucket list. I love looking back on how my goals change through the years. As I change the things that are important change with me.  Here are my five goals for this summer. 

1. Shut off. I am going on vacation at the end of the month for the first time in two years. To say this is much needed is an understatement. Work is burning me out and I need a little time away to refresh. And what better way than spending it in the happiest place on earth with the family. I am also going to get to see some long lost friends and I could not be more excited! So my goal throughout my nine day trip is to shut off from work, email, and social media, and just enjoy myself. (other than the occasional insta of course!) 

2. Spend it by the water. Every year I say I will spend more time at the beach. This is the year I actually follow through. There is nothing more calming than the sound of the ocean. 

3. Concerts, Festivals, etc. I want to go to as many summer concerts and festivals as humanly possible. What's better than being in the sun with an ice cold beer, some good friends, and good tunes. I will be kicking this one off this weekend at the Food Truck Festival, and I could not be more excited to get this summer rollin. 

4. Fall in love. With myself, with life, with experiences. This is the summer of Casey. This is my time to take the time I need for myself. I've started yoga and meditation, I have started enjoying cooking for myself again, and I am learning to enjoy those days you have on your own. 

5. Work Hard. As much as I am excited to have down time on my vacation, I also have a new found fire to kick ass at my job. I had it, I lost it a little, and  now it's back. With the nice weather comes a new found motivation. There's nothing better than completely killing it all day every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment