Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fun In The Sun

I have not posted anything on here in a while because I have been working alot, and at the same stations that I have already told you guys all about. But this week I got the luxury of having two days off in a row, Wednesday and Thursday. Yesterday was a great day full of lots of exciting things and lots of amazing food. But of course I was too busy indulging myself that I didn't take the time to take any pictures. Bummer. But I can tell you about it and then you can go see for yourself just how delicious it is.
Now I will be the first person to tell you I do not enjoy sweet things very often. I would much rather eat a bag of chips then eat a cookie or ice cream. So yesterday was a very rare happening where I ate an abundant amount of sweets.
My day started off at Typhoon Lagoon, which turned out to be alot more fun then Blizzard Beach in my opinion. For one, all the water was heated which made it much more enjoyable.
Their wave pool was crazy!

This had to be my favorite ride, the crush n gusher "water coaster"

While we were there we went snorkeling with sharks, stingrays,
and tropical fish. This guy swam right under me. 

Had to get my picture with stich while I was there of coarse. 


Now on to the food. At Typhoon Lagoon we got two things, and yes both of them were sweets. We got a funnel cake, and some mini donuts with a raspberry dipping sauce. YUM. 

After going back and showering after the water park, we headed to Epcot for some dinner in Japan, but first I had some business to attend to: to ride Test Track. It was closed the last two times I went to Epcot so nothing was stopping me this time from riding it. The wait time said 40 minutes but it really only took about 20, and the ride was so much fun! I loved it, and it is definitely now one of my favorite rides. 
We then headed to Japan but not before we stopped in the bakery in France to get some desert. Since Epcot closes at 9, the bakery would be closed by the time we were finished eating. I got an eclair and almost couldn't wait until after dinner to eat it. 
We finally arrived in Japan and decided to go to Tokyo Dining, the sushi place. I always think I am going to get a certain thing, but once I see tempura on the menu everything changes. So I decided to go with the assorted tempura for an appetizer, and the tempura shrimp rolls for my meal. The appetizer portion was really small and if I could go back I probably would have skipped on that and gotten some California rolls instead, but the tempura shrimp rolls were delicious. While we were finishing dinner we had a perfect view of the fireworks from the restaurant. 
After we left the restaurant we didn't wait a second to eat our deserts. We demolished them while walking to the monorail. It was still early so we decided to head over to Magic Kingdom. We got there just in time to see the fireworks. We then went on a couple of rides which included the teacups, it's a small world, the haunted mansion, the jungle cruise ride, and the pirates of the Caribbean ride. After that we headed home. 
I love having two days off in a row. That means I can have one day where I cram a million fun things in, and then another day to just relax, get some laundry done, order some food, and watch a couple of movies. Perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment