Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What I am Loving


1.       The fact that fall is literally around the corner despite these ridiculously hot last days of summer. Fall is seriously my favorite season, and this list pretty much sums up why http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/10-ways-you-know-autumn-is-your-season/. My personal favorite line? "In all your outfits knitted glory, it's like your scarf is giving you a big pumpkin spice hug every moment of the day". yes.
2.       Speaking of, these are back and no one is more excited than I am
 

3.       Fall television. My favorites are coming back and I am super excited! How I Met Your Mother is bringing its final season, New Girl, and The Walking Dead. And of course I am counting down the days until the Pretty Little Liars Halloween Special and the premier of Ravenswood.
 
4.       So Many Activities. With fall comes all sorts of fun things to do including apple picking, The Roger Williams Zoo Jack O Lantern Spooktacular, The Big E, Farmers Markets, and more. And I plan on doing it all
 

 
5.       Movies on the block. Speaking of activities, through the end of September movies will be playing on Westminster Street outside for free. Who doesn’t want to cuddle up on a cool fall night with that special someone by your side. On the 26th they will be playing Paranormal Activity, which brings me to
6.       Horror Movies. Fall is prime time for horror movies thanks to one of my favorite holidays. What do I have on my must see list so far? Insidious 2 and the Carrie Remake
 
7.       Slowing down. In the midst of all these fun things I am also looking forward to lazy Sunday mornings with my boyfriend with a nice cup of coffee and a movie. Oh, and naps. Fall is a great time to relax, recharge, and enjoy the little things.
 
8       Fall clothes. With cooler weather come some of my favorite things: scarves, boots, flannel shirts, and sweaters. I’m ready.
 
9.       Bath and Body Works new pumpkin candle scents. I have stocked up on two so far, Pumpkin Cupcake and Apple Pumpkin, and I love them already. Of course I will be heading back for a few of my other fall favorites such as everybody’s favorite Leaves Candle, and Cinnamon Sugar Donut.
 
10.       Eating healthy. I have been eating cleaner for about a month and a half (the longest I have ever lasted. So proud) and I am feeling awesome. I have lost eight pounds already, but besides that I am feeling way more energized. Winning.
 
11.       Blogging. Recently I have been sucked back into the blogging world full force, both reading and writing. Some of my current favorite blogs to read in the morning include “A Beautiful Mess”, “Fit Foodie Finds”, and “How Sweet It Is”. As for me, I have been going back and forth in my mind on what this blog is all about. Is it all about restaurant reviews or is it a lifestyle blog? Well I will let you in on a little secret, I have no idea. This is a blog to share my musings, whether it be on food, work, or life. Fall is the time when my creative juices start flowing, and I don’t want to get stuck in a rut. None wants to be stuck on one narrow path, because how exciting can life get without a little creativity? Which is why I have decided to change the name of my blog from Simply Casey (so vague) to Creatively Casey. Bam.
 
"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties"
-Erich Fromm

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment