Monday, February 10, 2014

Soup & An Update

Hi Readers, Welcome back to Creatively Casey! I took a little two month hiatus on the blog to figure out where I wanted to go with it and how I would like it to evolve. And you know what I realized? Blogs are like people - they change. They can start off as one thing and then suddenly realize that's not what they were meant to be. This blog started in 2011 as a documentation of my days as a Disney Cast Member. Fast forward to 2014, and I keep coming back to it. The blog evolved into strictly restaurant reviews - a direction which I was passionate about. But like me, this blog is not one dimensional. It has a bunch of layers to it, and I am very excited to share them with you. Because who say's a blog has to be one thing? In the end this blog is for me, and if I am not writing about what I love and writing about what I think you will love, I won't have a passion for it anymore.

But I digress.. Onto the most delicious (and easy) chicken soup recipe that will get you through these final winter months.

Here's what you will need; amounts are based on your preferred serving size.

Chicken -I cheated and bought a rotisserie chicken from Daves Market, but you can use chicken breasts.
Celery
Carrots
Garlic
Low Sodium Chicken Stock
1 Can Mushroom Soup
Salt & Pepper
Seasoning- this can be any type of poultry seasoning. I used McCormick's Chicken Seasoning
Whole Wheat Rice Noodles
Grated parmesan Cheese





Method of Prep:
1. Chop your celery and onion into small uniform pieces. Chop Garlic
2. Chop Carrots into medium sized pieces and set aside.



3. Sauté the celery, onion, and garlic in olive oil until they are translucent.
4. Pour chicken stock in pot on medium heat until boiling.
5. In the meantime shred chicken and set aside.
6. Once the chicken stock is boiling add carrots to the pot.
7. Add your sautéed vegetables, seasoning, and mushroom soup to the stock.
8. Once the carrots are fork tender add your chicken.
9. You can use any type of pasta or rice you would like for this soup, but I used the whole wheat rice noodles. These require no cooking time, just put them right into the hot soup, or pour boiling water on them in a bowl until tender.
10. Pour soup in a bowl, top with the grated parmesan cheese, and enjoy!




This is one of the most flavorful bowls of chicken soup I have ever had. (Clearly Lilly was jealous she did not get a bowl). This recipe is super simple and can be modified to fit your taste. You can add any additional ingredients such as potatoes, mushrooms, or even some escarole. No matter what you add to it I guarantee you will have the perfect meal for a snowy day that will have you going back for more - literally, I had three bowls for dinner and brought a bowl for lunch the next day.

New and exciting things are coming soon!
Stay tuned for a big announcement

No comments:

Post a Comment