Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Peak In My Garden

When we moved into our apartment the first thing my boyfriend wanted to do was grow his own garden. Being a chef, having your own vegetables and herbs right at your finger tips is as good as it can get. I also have many fond memories growing tomatoes and mile long zucchini with my grandfather. James went all out with our little garden, getting a fence for it and everything! Now are garden is fully grown and we are enjoying the fruits of our labor- well, his labor. Although he left me a section of the garden to plant what I wanted I never actually did that. He definitely did all the work and I am just enjoying the benefits. 





He planted a couple tomato plants, bell peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, habanero peppers,  basil, parsley, thyme, cilantro, and cucumbers. 






I have been taking full advantage of the large amount of tomatoes that we have grown. There is nothing better than a tomato that is picked right from your garden. You can taste a sweetness and a freshness that you will never get from a super market. 
I have been enjoying my tomatoes on toast with a little cheddar cheese, some hummus, or some basil cream cheese. Most recently I made a simple caprese salad with fresh tomatoes and basil. It just doesn't get any better than that. 




Have you been gardening this year? How are you enjoying your harvest? 
We will be making a tomato sauce with all of our tomatoes and a hot sauce with the peppers. 
More on that soon :) 

xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment