Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five, Fall Bucket List

As you know by now fall is my favorite season. I love the chill in the air and the smell of freshly fallen leaves. I am also more inclined to do way more fun activities then during the other seasons because let's be honest here - fall activities are the best activities. (Also, I will admit to you right here: I hardly did anything on my summer bucket list. Guilty.) 

But I decided to not let that deter me, and share with you my fall bucket list!

1. Apple Picking. I know for a fact that I will get this one done! Nothing is better than spending the day outside picking apples, eating apple cider donuts, and drinking spiced apple cider - and then going home and baking apple goodies of course! 
My choice for apple picking in Rhode Island? Jaswell's Farm in Smithfield. I mean, just look at those donuts, courtesy of their facebook page. swoon.


2. Make Pumpkin Pie with Fresh Pumpkin. I am going to let you guys in on another secret today: I absolutely love the new show Farmhouse Rules on the Food Network.It is such a feel good show. (I guess she is supposed to be the new Paula Dean?) Anyway, in a recent episode she went to a pumpkin patch, picked a pumpkin, roasted the pumpkin, and made a delicious fresh pie out of it. This is my fall-time goal - and of course I will share my take on the recipe with you!

3. Decorate for the holidays. I can start putting a check mark on this bucket list already! Did you check out my super simple DIY Fall Wreath tutorial on Tuesday? That is just the start. fingers crossed

4. Watch all my favorite Halloween movies. I want to spend chilly October nights cuddled up on the coach with some spiced apple cider watching my favorite Halloween movies with my favorite guy. Hocus Pocus is my all time fave.

5. Visit a corn maze. Highland Farm in Portsmouth has an 8 acre corn maze to get lost in as well as hayrides, pumpkin patches, and even Christmas trees. You can also pick up some fresh milk from their dairy farm. Sounds like a fun weekend date. 

I have a feeling my fall bucket list will be pretty successful - I am getting excited just writing it

xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment