Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Five, Summer Shandies

Hi Folks! Summer time means one thing - summer shandies. or is that just me

A shandy is pretty much a citrus based beer, usually lemon or lime. They are light, refreshing, and perfect on a hot summer day. They don't weigh you down while you are spending the day at the lake or the beach. They are perfect, so I thought I would round up my favorites in today's Friday Five!

1. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. Also known as the fruity pebbles beer because it tastes like.. fruity pebbles. It is definitely my favorite of all the summer shandies. 


2. Shock Top Lemon Shandy. Another favorite, shock top has great flavor. Quick tip: Shock Top is always better on draft. Although equally delicious Shock Top is unfiltered which means there is some unappetizing sediment in the bottom of the bottle. 


3. Curious Traveler. A lemon shandy that has a mustache. sophisticated beer.


4. Narragansett Dells Shandy. Rhode Island beer meets Rhode Island icy treat. Although I was hoping for more with this beer (there was some serious hype) it does have an after taste of lemonade not just lemons, and it works well with beer cocktails which I shared in a previous post. 



5. Bud Light Lime. Technically not a shandy, but the absolute best beer to drink at the beach. 



What are your favorite summer beers? 

xo. Casey



No comments:

Post a Comment