Sunday, September 7, 2014

Ricotta Toast

Sunday mornings are my favorite. Monday feels so far away - no responsibilities, just peaceful relaxation. Usually we like to go to a coffee shop or popular breakfast spot for breakfast on Sunday's, and one of the most popular items on every cafe menu right now is toast. Whether it is topped with mashed avocado, chickpea, ricotta, or jam - they are super super popular. And most of the time they can run up to six dollars for a piece of toast. Oof. 

It is one of the simplest breakfasts, usually low in fat and high in flavor which is why it is so popular. Being so simple there is no reason why I can not make this breakfast in my home with ingredients I already have on hand. 

All you need is some good bread and whatever topping you prefer. I topped my toast with some non fat ricotta cheese and honey. Simple and delicious! Paired with a cup of coffee and a breezy morning, it just doesn't get any better than this. 



I hope you have a relaxing Sunday as well!

xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment