Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Look Back at 2014

Can you believe that in a couple of hours it will be the year 2015? How is that even possible. Time goes by fast when you are having fun, and I have to say that 2014 was quite the year. 2014 will always go down as the year of huge life moments. Now I want to take the time to look back at these moments with you guys. 

Let's start at the beginning shall we?  

I started off the year still living with my amazing aunt and uncle. I can never thank them enough for letting me stay with them until I got on my feet. I had some amazing times with them, and I would never trade that for anything. 

A couple days into the new year, my dad passed away. I hadn't seen him in years, and it was a very surreal experience. You never expect something like that to happen, but I had the people who mattered most by my side and that is all I could ask for. 

Then in March I started having tooth pain and I found out I needed to get my wisdom teeth out - the day after my 23rd birthday! It was my first time "going under" and the experience really was horrible and painful, but I got through it with the help of my family and boyfriend. 



In May, James and I found our dream apartment and moved into our first place! It was so exciting and scary at the same time, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Throughout the year I have been sharing sneak peeks at our home in my "apartment to home" series. The place still has a little ways to go, but expect a lot more on that in the new year!




May was also the month that I took a step forward with this blog. I took the abeautifulmess blogging course and really started to focus on where I wanted it to go. I wanted to create content that really spoke to the person that I am. I still have a long way to go, but I want to thank you all for coming on this journey with me so far! 




In July, the second love of my life joined our family. We adopted our little guy George from a shelter in Massachusetts after finding him on the petfinder website. What was a spur of the moment decision turned into the greatest thing we have ever done. I could not picture my life without this little guy. He brings so much joy to our home, and we love him like he is our child. (And we spoil him like he is too!)




The summer in general was a pretty amazing one. It was made up of a lot of little experiences that added up to create some unforgettable moments. 




In October I received the amazing news that I was awarded the "Rhode Island Hospitality Employee of the Year Award". I attended the Stars of the Industry event and couldn't be more excited and proud of my accomplishments. 




About two weeks after I found out about my award, I received another piece of amazing news. After over a year of hard work I was being promoted to Event Manager. I honestly could not believe it! This was a huge step in my career, and at only 23 years old I have accomplished more than I could ever dream of. 



I got to finish up the year spending the holidays with my boyfriend and our families. We had a great couple of days just relaxing and spending time with the people who matter most. 



2014 has been the year of HUGE life changes, accomplishments, and milestones. I want to thank you- my readers, my family, my friends, for coming along on this journey with me. If 2015 is anything like 2014, we are in for another incredible ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment