Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's All in the Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am going to share with you guys the easiest and tastiest chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tried. The cookies came out soft, and not too sweet which was a huge plus for me seeing as how I am not a sweets lover at all. When I was using the recipe I eye-balled some of the ingredients.. I guess that is why I am not a pastry student, i'm not so good with the whole "exact measurements" thing. Well it seemed to work out in my favor because they came out delicious!
So here it is guys, my no fail chocolate chip cookie recipe :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/8 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon slat
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips ( I used Ghiradelli chocolate)

1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Cream the butter and both sugars together
3. Add the beaten egg and vanilla
4. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and add to the creamed mixture
5. Mix thoroughly and add the chocolate chips.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown on the edges.

I made my cookies pretty big and did not shape them into nice round shapes either. They kind of had a rustic look to them, but thats just me.


Happy baking everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Yum, nothing beats a good chocolate chip cookie. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-23.html

    ReplyDelete