Sunday, October 6, 2013

Seasons Changing


I have been spending a lot of time outside. One of my favorite spots is outside on the deck at The coffee exchange on Wickenden Street in Providence with a cappuccino and a good book. 

What am I reading right now? 
1. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Lee Dugard, the story of the girl that survived 18 years in a man's backyard. The story is hard to read at times, but is incredibly inspiring that someone can go through all of that and still come out of it so strong. 
2. My Story: Elizabeth Smart. Keeping with the theme, I pre ordered Elizabeth Smarts book on her story which will download onto my nook tomorrow. 
3. I am thinking about starting the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy. I know it is a big hit with many women and with the movie being filmed soon I thought I may jump on the bandwagon. 

Fall also marks the return of many of my favorite shows. 
1. How I Met Your Mother. It is the last season and I just don't know how to feel about it. I am going to miss Marshall's singing, Lilly's lectures, and Barney's wait for it.. legendary adventures. 
2. New Girl. Jess + Nick = amazing. 
3. The Voice. The greatest talent show on tv
4. Master chef Junior. To me and my boyfriend, anything with Gordon Ramsay is gold. 
5. Glee. It gets worse and worse every season, but I just can not look away. 

When the seasons change like many people I have the overwhelming urge to bake. After picking two bags of apples I have been doing some baking. Last weekend my boyfriend made an awesome maple apple crisp. This weekend I decided to return the favor and bake him an apple pie while he was at work

This pie was super easy to make, and this Pampered Chef apple peeler cored the apple, peeled it, and sliced it for me. So easy. Then you just add in some sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the apple slices and place them in your pie tin. 

The boyfriend is always cooking for me and I am always blown away about how flavorful his food is. I think my pie came out pretty well and I am super excited to have him try it.
























Other things I am loving right now? 

This butternut squash ravioli and a sage brown butter with mascarpone cheese and sausage that 
I ordered from Sonoma in North Kingston. 

Coffee tastes better in a mason jar of course 

A couple of new restaurant reviews coming your way, as well as a restaurant re- review. 
Until then, get outside with your favorite person, a cup of coffee or warm apple cider, and enjoy the weather because in New England you never know when winter will sneak up on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment