Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sit Back, And Relax

Hey everyone, are you still out there? I know i have not posted to my blog in what feels like a lifetime, but I needed time to sort some stuff out because as i am sure everyone is already aware, life is crazy sometimes. It throws you curveballs, and sometimes it takes you a while to get back on your feet. Change is inevitable and it is how you deal with that change that dictates your attitude on life. Sometimes you want to cry, sometimes you want to scream, and sometimes you just have to breath. Just breath and realize that everything is going to be okay.

Now don't think I am crazy here, but one thing that has really helped me to relax is meditation.
Meditation is a practice in which an individual trains the mind and/or induces a mode of consciousness.



There are a million guided meditation videos on youtube and in the comments everyone would rave how it helped them feel more centered, helped with anxiety issues, and made for a better nights sleep. So i figured what do i have to lose? Right before bed i turned off my electronics, turned off the lights and got in a comfortable spot. I closed my eyes and listened to the soothing sounds of waves crashing from my speakers as a voice told me to let go and relax. When the twenty minute video was over I closed my computer and immediately fell asleep. When i woke up i felt a sense of calm, and i knew that  there really was something to this meditation thing. I have continued with this for a couple nights now and it really does help you to let go of any worries you have and just relax. And what is better then that honestly?

I totally recommend meditation for anyone who is having trouble relaxing or sleeping. It may seem silly as first, but from my experience it really does work.

I've got a bunch more posts coming your way soon guys, until then sit back and take a minute to relax :)


No comments:

Post a Comment