Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Siena

In the midst of Providence Restaurant week I decided to take this opportunity to try out a restaurant on the hill that I haven't been to yet. With 48 different restaurants to choose from it can be a hard decision, but there was one spot that I knew I had to try. Siena has two locations, one in Providence and one in East Greenwich. Both are said to excel in flavorful Tuscan soul food, and a superb wine list.
The restaurant was crowded, understandably since it is restaurant week, but we were seated right away. We started off the night with cocktails. I got the white sangria which was garnished with sliced orange and pear. It was delicious, and one of the best sangria's that I have had.
 


We then ordered off the three course pre-fix menu. I started off with figs wrapped in prosciutto- one of my favorites, which was placed on top of a bed of mixed greens. The figs were perfectly ripe and the saltiness of the prosciutto balanced the sweetness perfectly.
 
 
For my main course I got the Pollo alla Sophia. This was a wood grilled sage & garlic marinated chicken breast with grilled asparagus and fresh mozzarella cheese topped with a red tomato and basil salsa. The chicken was tender and juicy and the green beans and polenta were perfect accompaniments.
 
I paired my entrée with a glass of Riesling, my personal favorite.
 
 
For my desert I decided on the Torta di Romana, a rich double chocolate tart served warm with vanilla bean gelato and a fresh raspberry Chambord sauce.
 
It tasted like a warm brownie taken right out of the oven. Amazing.
 

I paired my desert with an espresso and a glass of  Frangelico on the rocks.


Delicious food, great drinks, and fabulous company all made for an amazing dinner. I will definitely be returning to Siena, and would highly recommend it the next time you are on the hill.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment