Thursday, June 19, 2014

Simple Pasta Frittata

In our house we usually strive to cook a different meal everyday- we don't like to be bored with our meals- which tends to leave a lot of leftovers. The other morning I decided I was going to utilize the leftovers from three different meals to create one super easy and delicious breakfast. What I came up with was a frittata. But not just any frittata- a pasta frittata. 

Ingredients list:

1. leftover angel hair pasta 
2.sugar snap peas              
3. six eggs                            
4. mozzarella cheese           
5. brie cheese                      
6. milk                                   
7. salt & pepper                   

Take whatever veg you have, give it a chop and sautee in a well oiled pan. Add your pasta and mix well. 


Whisk the eggs, milk, salt & pepper in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and veg and top with your choice of cheese. Now I didn't time it, but let your fittata mixture cook on the stove top until it is just about cooked through. 


Put your oven on broil and place the frittata in the oven. I transferred mine (very carefully) onto a sheet tray because I did not have an oven safe sautee pan. However, if you have a great cast iron pan, even better. Let it bake until the cheese on top is melted and is crispy on the edges. The pasta creates this awesome crust and gives the egg dish a whole different texture


 Confession - I am not an egg fan. I am very picky about how my eggs are cooked (I am a big poached egg fan-love that runny yolk!). Honestly, I just didn't want it to taste too eggy..if that makes sense. The pasta balances the flavors very nicely. I have a strange feeling this is going to be my new go to when I have a ton of leftover pasta. 


Try it out, I think you will be surprised by how awesome - and easy this is to make. 

xo. Casey







No comments:

Post a Comment