Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Apple Cider Sangria

First of all - Happy first day of fall! 
I have a delicious and easy fall cocktail for you today in honor of one of my favorite times of year. As you know by now sangria is my drink of choice no matter what the season, so of course I had to come up with a yummy fall version. 



All you need to do is add equal parts hard apple cider (you could use regular cider for this as well), white wine, club soda, chopped apples, and cinnamon. You could also add some chopped pears to this - and if you are feeling really wild, a shot of brandy. 

For this recipe I used the Woodchuck Fall Harvest blend which tastes exactly like an apple pie. If you love cinnamon you will love this cider. For the wine I went with a Pinot Grigio because it is a really fresh tasting wine with notes of green apples and pear. 



I finished my glass off with a little sprinkle of cinnamon, the perfect finishing touch. A cinnamon stick would also be super festive


This drink is seriously fall in a glass, which is perfect because my favorite flavor is fall. 


xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment