Sunday, September 21, 2014

Washi Tape Frames

One of my all time favorite decor items in an apartment or house are gallery walls. Whether it's in your living room, kitchen, or bedroom, they add so much to a space. It is an easy way to show off all of your favorite prints in a visually appealing way. 

The thing about living in an apartment however is you do not want to make a million holes in the wall by putting up a bunch of frames in each room. I especially did not want to make holes in our newly painted kitchen. I did however want to put up a couple really cute prints so I needed to come up with a way to hang them without doing any damage to the wall. 

That is when the idea of using washi tape to make colorful frames came to me. 
If you don't know what washi tape is, washi tape is a Japanese tape made from natural fibers - almost like a masking tape. It comes in all sorts of patters and colors, is super durable, and the best part of all: it comes off of your pictures and walls easily without doing any damage. Yes! You can find washi tape online or at certain craft stores. The possibilities are endless. You can use it for scrap booking, fancying up a door way or some cabinets, or in our case today - as frames


I created washi tape frames two different ways in two different rooms. 
In the studio, I didn't want to be too serious with it. It doesn't have to look perfectly symmetrical. The best part is if you don't like it you can pull it right off, no harm done. I like the way it looks a little messy with the two sides crossing, bringing a little dimension to the frames. 



In the kitchen I wanted to change it up a little bit. I added a little more to the design of the frame, and it really made the prints pop. It is super easy to customize the frames however you want. 


At only three dollars for ten different colors of tape, this is an easy and affordable way to add some color to your space. I know that I will be adding more prints to my galleries soon. 

xo. Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment